One of the most vital and challanging aspects of virtual firewall security is the ability to effectivelyt manage the environment. Most VPN firewall appliances today need to support rapid deployment and be used to implement virtualization security policies. Such VPN safety approach is done not just on partnership basis, but also between organizations or applications within the same infrastructure.
The VPN needs to provide adaptation and privacy within the organization and be able to migrate inside the virtual infrastructure. It must provide network security using the high-availability capabilities of the former and offering protection even during the dramatic change in the network architecture. The web security system needs to be easily installed and deployed along with the virtual machines that serve different web applications, making it easy to protect them and their crucial stored data, files and information.
The virtual security policies should be defined not only at the intersection of physical networks, but also between each VPN networks within server farms or even on individual servers. The unified threat management system must be implemented at the physical network perimeter and at the connection point for mobile and personal devices. Hence, configuring virtualization security is not an easy task.
Today’s virtualization security appliances must be prone to attacks like hyperjacking; exploits attacking vulnerabilities in hypervisor, management console, hypervisor and guest OS; security risks arising out of loss of separation of duties between security/network security and operations; and attacks on virtualized servers and web-facing applications.
The internet security architecture should consist of different security layers that should work cooperatively with one another to dynamically detect, block, and report on malicious traffic while passing favorable traffic through as efficiently as possible. The appliance should be able to protect your organization from new, unknown threats often called zero hour threats.
Things To Check While Selecting VPN Firewall Appliance:
- A cloud-based URL reputation enabled defense that protects end-users from malicious web pages, while managing bandwidth and dramatically improving web throughput.
- Ability to block unwanted email with 100% accuracy along with the viral, spam that mails often carries. The tool can recognize trojans regardless of the language, format, or content of the message and also check image-based spam or any data leakage.
- A URL filtering service that blocks access to dangerous and inappropriate web sites in the workplace must capable to filter URLs on both HTTP and HTTPS.
- A powerful signature-based protection at the gateway against known viruses, trojans, worms, spyware, and rogueware
- Tool should have capability to scan all ports and protocols and block attacks like malicious content, including buffer overflows, SQL injections, and remote file inclusions
- The appliance should have ability to stay on top of the applications running on your network for high security and productivity and finding which applications that can be used within your organization